Thursday, February 10, 2011

Don't judge a book by its cover

And boy did I do that with this one.

I am fortunate that I get sent books by newly published authors to review.  Its cool and I am really grateful - truly.   This one turned up in the mail yesterday. I flicked through a few pages and caught some key words ( which by the way did not represent the book at all) and immediately made a judgement.  I dreaded opening it and reading it.

I was at a swimming carnival all day today and reluctantly brought this along.  Boy.  I wept and wept within a few pages of it and couldn't put  it down. Am over halfway and wondering if I should just sneak off to bed now and finish it.

I'll be posting the review up on my cultural blog 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for popping over to comment. Please consider keeping up to date by subscribing - or follow this blog. For more of my creative work - see www.annieevett.com

Olaf colour

this time in colour - Olaf fighting. - Character from Star Manics by Nick